Visual Installation Guide
The first screen of the Fruml installation process is just a welcome screen to get you started. Click the 'Continue' button to move to the next installation step.
Scroll down and read through the license agreement and click "I AGREE" to move to the next installation step.
This is a non-interactive step. Fruml checks your server configuration to see if there will be any problems before starting the installation. If problems are identified, Fruml will suggest possible solutions to help you correct them. If all is well, click the 'Continue' button to move to the next installation step.
Insert the details of the database you have created for your Fruml installation. If in doubt, consult with your hosting provider.
- Database Host
- This is the host name of your database server. Commonly this is 'localhost' but you should check with your hosting provider if you are unsure.
- Database Port
- This is the port number of your database port. Commonly 3306 for MySQL, but you should check with your hosting provider if you are unsure.
- Database Name
- This is the name of your database. In most case, you will have determined this for yourself when you created the database.
- Database User
- This is the user name that has been assigned permissions on your Fruml database. In most case, you will have determined this for yourself when you created the database.
- Database Password
- This is the password belonging to the user that has been assigned permissions on your Fruml database. In most case, you will have determined this for yourself when you created the database.
- Table Prefix
- This will be placed before each of your Fruml database tables. For example, your users table might become 'fruml_user'. Using a unique table prefix gives you the ability to run multiple Fruml installations from the same database.
Once the details have been entered, click the 'Test Connection' button to ensure that Fruml can connect to the database with the details you have provided.
Database Connectivity Test Results
Check the message from the test results to ensure that you entered the correct database details. If there is an error, check/amend your details and click the 'Test Connection' button again. Otherwise, click the 'Continue' button to move to the next step.
Fruml is now ready to create your database for you. Click the 'Continue' button to move to the next step.
Database Installation Completed
Once the progress bar reaches 100%, and you see the "Database Installation Complete" message in the progress bar, you can click the 'Continue' button to move to the next step.
Create Admin User Account
In order to use the Fruml dashboard, you need to create an administrator account.
- Enter a name that you will use to login to Fruml. Example: 'Admin'. Username is not case-sensitive. Maximum character limit is 50 characters
- Real Name
- Enter the real name of the individual who the administrator account belongs to. Example: 'John Brown'
- Email Address
- Enter the valid email address for the administrator. Example: 'email@example.com'
- Enter a password for the administrator account. This will be required for logging in and performing admin duties. Passwords are case sensitive and have no maximum character limit.
- Repeat Password
- This password must be an exact match of the previously entered password
Once complete, click the 'Create Account' button to move to the next step.
Congratulations, you have completed your installation of the Fruml Content Management System. After you click the 'Open Fruml Content Manager' button, you will be taken to the Fruml CMS login screen in order to log in.